EARN "Badges for Ipad" and Get PD Credit
Because we believe a teacher's proficiency with the iPad can lead to more robust lessons, we encourage all teachers in our iPad schools to earn "Badges for iPad." This is an online resource created by Apple and is completely free. To begin earning iPad badges and to receive STIPD credit for those badges, please follow the procedures outlined below.
- Visit https://appleteacher.apple.com and select the option to Sign Up.
- After entering your Apple ID and password, you will be asked to "pick a path." Please choose the iPad path.
- After you select the iPad path, you'll see a screen which lists the eight badges that can be earned: iPad, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie, Garage Band, Productivity and Creativity.
- To earn a badge, select it and review the resources available to help you learn to better utilize that aspect of iPad technology.
- After you have reviewed the necessary resources, you'll select the option to "Earn your badge." You must score 80% on a quiz to earn a badge.
- Repeat as necessary for each badge you want to earn. That's it on the Apple site!
- Note: Earning all eight badges earns you the status of Apple Teacher. FAQs are listed here.
- Now for STIPD credit...
- From your PCBOE email account, email firstname.lastname@example.org with screen shot(s) of your earned badge(s) as pictured on the Profile page of the Apple Teacher website. (Note: Your Apple ID must be visible in the screenshot. If your name isn't part of your Apple ID, please submit a separate screenshot for verification. This information can be easily obtained on your iPad by selecting Settings--iCloud.)
- You may earn up to eight hours of STIPD credit for iPad badges...one hour per badge. Requests for credit may be combined or completed separately.
- You will receive an confirmation when STIPD credit has been awarded, and the credit will be present in your STIPD training history as well.